May 25, 2006

Summer of '69 sucks

I don't understand what fascination people have with the song "The summer of '69". It sucks. What's so great about it? It talks about the summer of 69... when none of us were even born.... none of us, i dont think had a band, or even dreamed of having one... I always dreamed of becoming a cricketer or something during summer vacation. I think we should be thankful we are not living the summer of 69. it must have been hot back then, with no AC, no TV, no nothing.... people must have been super bored..... We live a much better life today, so be grateful for that.
There is this other version of the song, which i found on the internet. i think its far better than the original version (no disrespect to mr. adams, its just that this one is soooo much better!)

I had my first real six rupees,
stole it from my father's pants.
went to a madrasi hotel,
to eat the sambhar of 69.

Me and some kadke dost,
had it all and we caught bukhaar,
jimmy puked, Joey got ulcers,
and Bagga ne maari dakar.

Oh when I went back there now,
the food was as stale as ever,
and though it was 1999,
still the sambhar was being served over there,

That was the worst food of my life.

There's no use in complaining,
when you got no other place to eat,
rushed in the evening to the doctors clinic,
but he too was at the toilet seat, yeah

Standing there waiting outside,
nurse told me I will wait forever,
oh and when I held my breath,
I knew that I had to use that loo there
That was the worst food of my life.

Back to the sambhar of 69.

Man I was getting killed,
I was full and restless,
I needed to unwind,
I guess nothing can wait forever - FOREVER... NO!!!!

And now the dhabas are changing,
new dishes have come and gone,
sometimes when I pass that old madrasi lane,
I still smell it, I can't be wrong.

Standing in those unwashed clothes,
the waiters still call me in there,
oh the way my nostrils burn,
I know that it will be served forever,
what was the worst food of my life.

Yeah it was the Sambhar of 69,

The Sambhar, the sambhar, the sambhar of 69 !!!

3 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

well,I like that song....it is somewhat the history of Bryan....
and,it has nothing to do with the year 69....
when bryan was asked in an an interview abt the significance of 69, he has told that '69' is the most erotic position.....

and by the way, u got a good english version of the song.... ;-)
ENJOy....
-JC

14:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice fitting lyrics there......although on da summer of 69, its a cult teenage song with very simple guitar chords too ( just chord D and E for da verse...i like it for dat as well!!)...summer of 69 is also like the most simple song to copy too (Look Manipal's promo video of their medical college)........................................AND the main thing


ITS LYRICS ARE SO DAMN EASY TO REMEMBER AND UNDERSTAND, DAT MY FELLOW COLLEGIANS FROM YEOLE AND BEED( dnt ask me wher it is..) HUM BETTER THAN PROBABLY BRYAN HIMSELF!!

14:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well,im a fan of bryan adams n it kinda hurt to hear that someone out thr actually hates summer of '69!!

16:00  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home