March 27, 2006

The Bag

I still carry my college bag to office. Its a usual bag that we engineers used to carry to college. I have heard people dismiss me as being "still in college" because of the bag. This is where they are wrong. They don't understand 'The Bag', at all. It's a great bag. I put all my stuff in it- my two wallets (one which i use for swift removal of money etc and the other one i use for keeping my train pass etc), my notepad, my papers, my cds, my comb, my keys, my dabba, my water bottle, my headphones, occasionally my camera, pens and lotsa other stuff (there's some stuff i come across sometimes that i didnt even know was there in my bag..... its at times like these, that i have to say wow and salute my bag!). I carry it on my shoulders which makes it very convinient as i have both my hands free to negotiate the crowded train. Unlike office bags that are rectangular, as hard as rock and cause an incredible amount of inconvinience to others and the bag-carrier himself, my bag fits into any little space it gets. Plus it allows me to keep my pockets nearly empty- i hate to stuff stuff in my pockets.

In fact, sometimes, when I don't need to carry my bag, i still feel like carrying it. I feel
unprotected and shorn of my powers without it.

I pity the fools who choose to carry other kinds of bags, and those that label me a college kid coz of my bag. It's an ultra-convinient, super-portable, anti-weather, crowd-resistant accessory I simply can't do without.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rahul that reminds me how bad i feel abt my own bag the handle of which i just broke the other day while getting into a crowded train. sob... sob...
my colleagues too used to tease me cos they felt that it looked more like a college bag. i loved it... it was so cheap. heeheheh
i do have a fetish for bags. i have a whole host of them none of which i put to productive use though. just yest i got one made of jute or something i guess. however i dont see myself using it in the remote future.
bags can be a good weapon esp for girls if used judiciously. what better way to protect urself in crowded places. it can be used as a shield if u understand what i mean.
a water proof bag can be put to good use in the rainy seasons to cover u r head incase ur not facilitated with an umbrella.
well my bag served all these purposes well, so that reminds me i have to get mine repaired real fast.
the next time u buy a bag consider the maximum utility that can be derived from it and dont be lured by just pretty frills.

13:10  
Blogger mad-scientist said...

hey...i agree totally! whether its a function or a school day or a college day or saree day or even a wedding, i always have my bag with me.....and yea, you dont even realise most of the times what all it contains...for instance, recently, after cleaning my back-pack, i salvaged some 20 tickets, mint ( i hv no clue as to how old it was!) and a few peanuts ( from prehistoric times...)

love this post...keep posting!!!

21:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just the fact that u can have a separate, big post on ur bag...shows how much u love it..!! :)

but ya, i've seen ur bag and i think its utility value quite a lot..

09:37  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home